My photo
We are a family of fifteen: eight already with Jesus and seven in desperate need of Him. This is the story God is writing in our lives. Proverbs 16:9

Monday, August 27, 2012

August is for...

It is that time again! 

August means two things around here:  The State Fair and First Days of School!

My family and I have been to the State Fair almost every year we have lived in or around Louisville.  I have to say, we became our own exhibit this year:)  I love annual events.  I love thinking back on all our arrangements entering the fair gates; first with friends, then Andrew, then Andrew and Elijah, and now big boys and a baby train.  God's works are so very unexpected and remarkably unmatched. 


Which brings me to Andrew and Elijah's first days of school.  Even as I say that, it feels as though school lasted the entire year last year~ because it did.  Out of necessity, we continued to home school through the summer to keep the boys on track for Andrew beginning 3rd Grade and Elijah 1st.  They (and I) had a bit of a break... but no so much.  Last week, the boys and I started a new curriculum for their appropriate grades.  At the end of the week, I was sure we were completely crazy trying to homeschool and raise three, rolly-polly babies.  Part of my struggle was the inevitable learning curve that comes with new curriculum (which I really like, by the way).  An even larger part of my near-breakdown was the fact that I have never done this before with three babies in the house!  Sometimes you don't know something until you know it, you know:)?

Micah and I sat down and had a this is what we have chosen so let's do our best to make it work meeting.  And thankfully by the end of last week, we all have a schedule that has a 75% to work out, so we hope.  I will keep you posted on that one.  All I know right now is that people are conjugating Latin verbs, using lots of pencil lead and erasers, and, well, learning stuff.

The babies are learning, too!  We had the first ever ~Baby Race to the Ball~ tonight.  Isaac could have made it if we had left him on his back (he scoots backward!).  Isabella was up for it but still can't quite figure out the whole leg-arm thing.  Eliana was more interested in doing something totally different.  I have a feeling it won't be long...

No comments: