My photo
We are a family of fifteen: eight already with Jesus and seven in desperate need of Him. This is the story God is writing in our lives. Proverbs 16:9

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Eliana Update Etc.

Eliana has been off oxygen for over 24 hours!  Her nurse has been determined to get her off and didn't want the lack of stuff taped to her face to play a role.  All during the day, she removed parts of the nasal cannula instead of the whole thing at once.  It was a pretty funny sight seeing Eliana with partial tubing on her face.  The doctor gave me his report this morning and thinks she may come home as early as Monday if she continues to do well over the next two days.  She is also still gaining weight very well.  Last night she was 4 pounds, 2.4 ounces!  Thank you all for praying! 
Eliana looking like a Pop Star with a face mic
If today is a precursor to days to come, I am going to need a lot more coffee, energy, and a full-time personal assistant:)  As I sit here typing with multiple things done/undone, babies to feed, questions floating around my head (When is the next eye exam appointment for the babies?~ There are more appointments this week... when are they???  Where is the calendar???  Where did I put my coffee cup???  I need to get a few things at the store:  I know I wrote a list somewhere???  Did I eat lunch???  Did I brush my teeth today???  Have Andrew and Elijah been fed???  Someone emailed me today... or was that a text... or a facebook message???) I feel tired... but I feel thankful.  It may have taken me 40 minutes from "Let's Go!" to the point of pulling out of the parking lot today just to run a few things to Goodwill... There may be 40 bottles to wash next to the sink in the kitchen...  There may be only a 2.5 hour max sleep stretch in my future but it is all good.  It has never been more fun to feel so scattered:)
Elijah's face says it all:)
Update:  My coffee cup was in the microwave...  where I left it after re-heating it three times.

No comments: