My photo
We are a family of fifteen: eight already with Jesus and seven in desperate need of Him. This is the story God is writing in our lives. Proverbs 16:9

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Amazing God

Our God is greater
Our God is stronger
God you are higher than any other
Our God is Healer
Awesome in power
Our God, Our God
~Chris Tomlin, Our God~

I hear these words many many times a day. It is now referred to as Ellie's song~ you can see why below. Elijah took this video of her this morning:

The boys sang this at Vacataion Bible School (one of their very favorite weeks) this year. It was the first year I didn't volunteer and I have to admit, I did go through a bit of withdrawal. The babies and I spent the mornings at home in relative quiet. I love my big boys and all their noises but it was nice to have a time to abide in the mornings. I listened to sermons online and some lovely music. I enjoyed each minute~ but will also enjoy having Andrew and Elijah back in the mornings.

I love those guys. They teach me so much. They have such unique perspectives on life and are a major catalyst in propelling me toward the throne.

At VBS this year, just like every year, there was a writing contest. Andrew has never been eager to enter. Elijah just joined the big group of school age kids so this year was his first opportunity to write. This was the topic the year: Describe how you have seen God's power in your life. You couldn't have asked a more easily answered question to anyone in this family.

Andrew, Elijah, and I were in the kitchen late the night before the deadline. I was baking cupcakes and helping them spell a few words. Elijah decided to write about a time when he was sick and God made him well. For Andrew, he had the perfect testimony~ the babies. He wrote that they were "supposed to die" but God "blessed us" with them instead. He then wrote that when he grows up he hopes he trust Jesus and desires the same for the babies. Amen. It made this mama an emotional wreck.

After the boys turned in their writing assignments, we spent Thursday afternoon visiting the doctor and nurses at the Embryo Adoption Clinic and my High Risk OB (shown). They were so glad to see them thriving.

As the babies grow I cannot help but rejoice in each stage. Our family knows of other families grieving the loss of a baby or dealing with difficult diagnosis right now. Every day, I ask "Why me". I do not deserve these blessings. They are not reciprocal for anything in my life. When I think about the way God has wept with us and now, every day, shows us His divine handiwork in ways even my big boys cannot ignore (and believe me, they can ignore a lot), my heart overflows with thankfulness. Andrew won the contest in his age group but has gained something much more in remembering the works of the Lord and delighting in the benefits of attributing Him with amazing wonders.








...Elijah, the camera man, take 1:

No comments: