My photo
We are a family of fifteen: eight already with Jesus and seven in desperate need of Him. This is the story God is writing in our lives. Proverbs 16:9

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Providence

At the beginning of the week, we thought we might be moving across the country. This made for the most exciting, stressful time Micah and I have probably ever experienced together. As you can imagine for the 14 hours we thought we were moving, we were moving! Then, we found out it was a "moving your family across the country" false alarm. In wrestling with the emotions and trials of this situation, I am thankful that after a day or so, I have been brought back around to what I know to be true. It is amazing and gracious of God to even give me direction in sorting out what I feel from what I know.

I have been reading Francis Chan's book Crazy Love and read this paragraph last night after asking God all day all the whys of the situation:

Can you worship a God who isn't obligated to explain His actions to you? Could it be your arrogance that makes you think God owes you an explanation?

Now for those of you who know me, I like straightforwardness, simplicity, and clarity. I don't know if I could have had a more blunt response to all my questions. Of course Chan's thoughts are no different than God's response to Job. They were exactly what I needed to hear.

God even gave me an answer to my "what to do next" question by reminding me of my own words to a friend last week. She was dealing with a very difficult situation and I encouraged her to think and meditate on how big and good God is. It is always easier to give the advice instead of receive it. When it is my turn to live what I know, will I be faithful or will I be all talk? In His providential care, God had given me means to deal with my current situation. I am sure that in the future, when the whys and hows are answered, God's foreseeing care and guidance will be obvious to us.

Things have calmed down and those initial urgent feelings have subsided. Micah and I feel like we have a better plan to deal with the future. Furthermore, we had a great week in Richmond, KY. Micah went there to help with a CFA that had just recently opened. I left my entire wardrobe in Louisville, so I spent a lot of time at a new shopping center being creative with clearance clothing!


Here the boys are sitting on their favorite thing at the shopping center; the fountain! I was sure one of them was going to fall in, but they were careful~

Here are the boys in the hotel after on our last night in Richmond resting peacefully:

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I am almost finished with "Crazy Love" myself and must say it is very convicting. I love it, though and God has used it several times to encourage and challenge me just exactly when I need it. We continue to pray for you guys and are anxious to see God's plans for you all. Although, I won't be too sad if He decides to include waiting in KY for a little bit longer!!!

Anna M said...

So true about it being easier to give others advice than to listen to those same words yourself. Thanks for the reminder, Tiffany. The new Chic-fil-A opened here last week and I think about you every time I go by!