My photo
We are a family of fifteen: eight already with Jesus and seven in desperate need of Him. This is the story God is writing in our lives. Proverbs 16:9

Friday, July 11, 2008

Ode to Lucky Charms


This blog is really going to seem bizarre to our faithful regular readers. If this is your first time visiting us at joyinourjourney, please go back to previous blogs for more substance:)

With the current demands on our weekly budget, I have been getting more and more creative in how to stretch groceries. Last week, the large boxes of Lucky Charms were on sale and I had a coupon. I couldn't pass up the opportunity for the savings, even though it meant days of early morning sugar rushes. They have whole grain in them too of course! Who are the ones in the house most pleased with my choice? Andrew and Elijah of course!!! They love cereal for breakfast and a cup full for snack. I have to admit, I really like them too. I am most sympathetic to Andrew who wants to eat all the marshmallows first. I taught him quickly that mommy's method involves eating all the cereal first and leaving the marshmallows last!!! Hopefully next weeks sale will involve vitamin/fiber-packed, cardboard-tasting flakes and twigs to get us back on track:(

No comments: