My photo
We are a family of fifteen: eight already with Jesus and seven in desperate need of Him. This is the story God is writing in our lives. Proverbs 16:9

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Isaac is Home!

Mr. Isaac went through the night and morning with no oxygen!!! 

He started out the evening a little on the low side so I wasn't sure he could last.  Oddly enough, he does much better on his stomach than on his back so once he turned over, his O2 saturation went up.  With him holding on and knowing he was in Good Hands, I fell asleep around 11 p.m..  I woke up abruptly at 2 a.m. and immediately looked at the monitor.  He was at 93% (with 90% being the lowest acceptable level).  I then looked at Isaac who was lying flat on his back.  I thought surely he had been put back on oxygen, but he wasn't attached.  I went out to the nurses station and she reported that he had been doing great!  With no desats the remaining morning, the docs were glad to send him on home. 

He wasn't sure what to think about his wagon ride out of the hospital.  All of the poking and prodding he has endured has made him a bit suspicious...  Micah, the big boys, and the girls all came to pick us up.  He was so excited to see everyone!

Thank you for praying for him ~ and for all of us.  RSV still hasn't left our home.  The girls still need a lot of care.  I am so very thankful we are on the way to getting rid of this troublesome virus!   

No comments: