My photo
We are a family of fifteen: eight already with Jesus and seven in desperate need of Him. This is the story God is writing in our lives. Proverbs 16:9

Friday, May 09, 2008

Happy Days

We recently traveled to NC to visit with family and celebrate Micah's 30th (yes, I said 3-0!!!). The trip was quick, but enjoyable. It was especially nice to drive in view of the beauty of a NC spring. The flowers, grass, and trees show God's glory and creativity in creation in a way that always awakens my sleepy, winter soul. The time with family was sweet, though brief. I want to take this opportunity to say hi to Ben- Micah's cousin and avid reader of Joy in Our Journey. It always humbles me to know you read our blog!

May 6th was Micah's actual 30th birthday. I am so thankful to have had 15 birthdays with him. I used to think it was cliche' to say that time goes by quickly, but these days I am in complete agreement. Here is the picture the boys included in their birthday card to him. It was their attempt to read Grudem's Systematic Theology. I love the look on their faces!

"Active" is the theme of their lives right now. Andrew loves his friends and brother. Elijah likes to emulate his brother and seems to have very little fear of heights (yikes!). These are pics of them playing at their new favorite place in Louisville called "Incredible Dave's".

Here they are at Tom Sawyer Park, a place we frequent often.
We are leaving Sunday for a much needed vacation thanks to some dear friends who are lending us their condo for the week. I will make sure to include pics from sunny (we hope:)) Florida next time.
Grace and peace to you all!

No comments: