My photo
We are a family of fifteen: eight already with Jesus and seven in desperate need of Him. This is the story God is writing in our lives. Proverbs 16:9

Monday, March 03, 2008

Moving and Anniversary

Before I talk about our move, I have to first acknowledge an important milestone in the Child's family. Our 10th wedding anniversary was March 1. Micah's mom and sister came up to keep the boys for us on Friday, February 29 and we had some extended time away (thank you, thank you, Nana and Aunt Mary!!!). We stayed one night on the Ohio river in downtown Louisville at the Galt House. We had a fabulous time. It has been fun over the past few days to reminisce. We have so much to be thankful for. I thought I would include some facts about the past 10 years for us, to refresh my memory and also to testify to how far the Lord has brought us in that time.

Our wedding was sweet~ We were surrounded by many family and friends, some of which are no longer on this earth with us, but enjoying being with Jesus. Do you know that when we were married, I was only 18 years old and Micah only 19? We were so young~ and I know others our age were wondering what we were thinking, but the Lord guided us to that place and time and we were sure we were to marry.

Our first apartment was in small downtown Statesville in a house that was divided in to four apartments. I think we paid $300 a month!!! It was small, and the heater was in the far end opposite of the bath so morning showers were really cold! Micah and I were students at Mitchell Community College. The thing I remember most about the school was the class Micah and I had together during the semester we married. It was strange leaving class the week before our wedding and returning after spring break as husband and wife!

From that point on, I think Micah has had 7 different jobs and I have had 5. We have moved 8 times. Micah's library has grown from about 15 books, to roughly 1300?!? We have taken hundreds of hours of college classes- Micah with the most of course. The Lord has given us pets to love on for a time and then two precious boys to fill our lives with more humility and joy. We have had one precious child go straight to the Father's arms. We have watched as the Lord drew us closer together as He drew us closer to Him. We have felt the Lord taking a hold of all we hold dear and teach us how to let go and trust Him. We have so much to be thankful for. We hope that in the coming years, we will grow all the more. We think we may make it at least to 60 years together- maybe even 70!

Now for an update on our moving. We officially sold our house on February 22, and in an ice storm, moved from Shelbyville back to Louisville. The Lord gave us much needed grace as we packed and unpacked. There was a moment when Micah and I both wanted a respite from adulthood, but we persevered! We had some incredible help from some guys from Chick-fil-a. They worked so diligently without any complaining. They were such an encouragement to me. We also were so thankful to have friends from our old church who came and rescued the boys and me in Shelbyville on our last day in our old house. We were truly blessed with kindness during the whole move.


The boys have really had to adjust to apartment living. We are so close to Micah's job and, well, everything! We have settled in, making sure to call this home as we wait on the Lord and His will for us from here. In the meantime, we are going to take advantage on our current situation and enjoy the pool and park nearby this summer. I am quick to call where ever we are for how ever long home, remembering the stuff is just stuff, but being together is what matters. Thank you all for your prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still need to see that wedding video :) I'm glad y'all had a great time on your little getaway!
love ya! Bran