My photo
We are a family of fifteen: eight already with Jesus and seven in desperate need of Him. This is the story God is writing in our lives. Proverbs 16:9

Monday, January 28, 2008

Birthday and Updates

First, a late HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW!!! (I write in caps so he can read it... he seems to recognize upper case letters better than lower case at this point:)). We had a wonderful trip to NC to visit family and have a party for his 4th birthday. He enjoyed getting to celebrate with family- something we out-of-towners don't get to do often. Here are a few highlights from the trip...

Here he is with his soccer cake!

And at the party with his cousin, Preston.


I also had to include this picture of the Christmas plate girls. We had a great time exchanging plates this year, adding Bethany and Amy to the tradition.


The boys had fun playing video games. Elijah is still content without change in the machine, but Andrew is catching on...

Here is everyone!

If you have even been in the middle of a time of transition, with questions about the future, what to do, when to do it, and how in the world it is all going to work out, this may be of some encouragement to you. Honestly, I really stink at being in these situations. I have come to the realization over and over again that I am a planner. I am okay with any outcome, I just want to know ahead of time so I know what I am dealing with.

This is why the last few months have been so difficult for me. God has once again reminded me that even though I am so arrogant think I could control all things and pave the way for myself, that job is better left in His hands. He must be trusted~ and as our youth minister recently reminded me, paints on a canvas much larger than I could ever see. The waiting has been sanctifying. He doesn't own me any more encouragement than to simply say, trust me. In our case right now though, His ways are so evident, my soul is increasingly, abundantly encouraged.

This past Saturday, we got an offer on our house in Shelbyville. It is an enormous answer to prayer given the housing market. The Lord has once again shown that He has ordered all things for our good. We also have a place to move from here near Micah's job in Louisville. There is much anticipation on our part as well as some of your parts as well when it comes to where we will go, if anywhere, from there. Thank you all for walking with us as we wait on the Lord for all those answers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved the pics! thanks for updating:)

Anonymous said...

loved the pics! thanks for updating:)

chance n said...

I still say Texas is the place to be.

Micah,

Midland, TX has a Chick-fil-A AND a Sovereign Grace Church... hmm...