My photo
We are a family of fifteen: eight already with Jesus and seven in desperate need of Him. This is the story God is writing in our lives. Proverbs 16:9

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Reflections on Parenting



One of my (Tiffany) favorite books is Sacred Parenting by Gary Thomas. I am not a very good reader, but I was able to read this book slowly and contemplatively and was driven to remember much of what it said so I could recall it every day. So much of it has changed the way I consider the task of parenting. I have been amazed at how God gave me, not just any child, but the child I need to raise in Andrew. I see so many glimpses of myself in him, especially when it comes to his frustrations. I wonder how many times I have argued, kicked, and screamed, sure that my way was the best way while God in His perfect patience stood close and urged me toward self-control, sumbission, and repentance. At the end of tantrums, I pray I can show patience toward Andrew and he can find peace in obedience and am thankful that God is always patient with me.

Andrew loves to sit in the rocking chair. He and I sit and read a lot- and talk about the new addition to our family. His baby brother Elijah will be born in the next couple of months! He is so excited about baby "I-jah"~ as are Micah and I. I can't help but wonder what God has in store for me in giving us another precious little boy.

No comments: